Date: Oct 18, 2016
Some may consider dialogue in a script as a “necessary evil” (as director Fred Zinneman once called it) or just completely unnecessary (as David Mamet would have it). But unless you’re Mamet, adding dialogue to your script is unavoidable, so why not learn how to craft the best possible exchange between characters?
To help, we’ve gathered some masters of dialogue for a panel to offer their tricks of the trade. They will cover how to use dialogue to reveal character, hide exposition, create a believable world, and much, much more.
PLUS, during the audience Q&A, attendees have the option of sharing a favorite (brief) scene of dialogue for the panelists to dissect live.
- Jane Espenson – ONCE UPON A TIME, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
- Doris Egan – REIGN, HOUSE
- Bob Harris – CSI, BONES
- Kelly Lefever – HARD ROCK MEDICAL, HOME AND AWAY
- Bradley Thompson – THE STRAIN, FALLING SKIES, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
- David Weddle – THE STRAIN, FALLING SKIES, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
Doors open at 7pm. Event starts at 7:30pm.
All events advertised on our “Events” page are open to anyone who wants to buy a ticket – not just WGA members!
Proceeds benefit the Foundation’s library and archive and other outreach programs.
Tags! Find More Events, Videos and Posts About: