Date: Nov 29, 2017
Whether you grew up watching Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood and Sesame Street or Lizzie McGuire and Drake & Josh, you’ll notice that children’s TV shows have expanded and evolved through the years. Both educational and entertaining, today’s series explore new worlds and introduce modern families, yet still capture the playful and imaginative spirit of childhood.
On this special evening, our panel of writers discuss the craft of writing children’s TV shows, from how they develop a young character’s voice to how they approach coming-of-age topics and themes.
- Matt Fleckenstein – Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn, iCarly, Victorious
- Kevin Kopelow – Austin & Ally, Jonas, All That, Kenan & Kel
- Adam Lapidus – Bunk’d, Jessie, The Suite Life on Deck
- Jeny Quine – Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn, Austin & Ally, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody
- Heath Seifert – Austin & Ally, Jonas, All That, Kenan & Kel
Moderated by Jay Kogen (School of Rock, Henry Danger, Wendell and Vinnie).
Doors open at 7:00pm. Event starts at 7:30pm.
All events advertised on our “Events” page are open to anyone who wants to buy a ticket – not just WGA members!
In the case the event is sold out, we will have a first come, first serve stand-by line at the event. The stand-by line does not guarantee entry into the event.
Proceeds benefit the Foundation’s library and archive and other outreach programs.
Got a question about events? E-mail us at email@example.com.
Tags! Find More Events, Videos and Posts About: