Date: Jan 12, 2018
In response to the current situation women face in Hollywood, and the actions of women writers and actors who create their own work, please join the Writers Guild Foundation and Stephens College MFA in TV and Screenwriting to talk about entrepreneurship in Hollywood through the female lens.
While the immediacy of social media is offering a speed of change only dreamed about a decade ago, it can also leave us feeling isolated and at sensory overload before breakfast. We would like to offer our community a chance to gather and process together.
Instead of our usual panel format, we are asking you to submit questions and participate in the dialogue with our stellar panel. E-mail your questions to email@example.com with the subject line “Town Hall Questions” by Wednesday, January 10.
- Fatimah Ashgar – Poet, writer/co-creator of Brown Girls, If They Come For Us
- Carol Barbee – Executive Producer/Showrunner of Raising Dion, unREAL, Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce
- Gabrielle Carteris – President of SAG-AFTRA, Actress, Code Black, Beverly Hills 90210
- David Slack – Executive Producer and Writer of MacGyver, APB, Person of Interest, member of WGAw Inclusion and Equity Group
- Nicole Yorkin – Executive Producer, Z: The Beginning of Everything, The Killing.
Moderated by Khanisha Foster.
Doors open at 7pm. Event starts at 7:30pm.
All events advertised on our “Events” page are open to anyone who wants to buy a ticket – not just WGA members!
In the case the event is sold out, we will have a first come, first serve stand-by line at the event. The stand-by line does not guarantee entry into the event.
Proceeds benefit the Foundation’s library and archive and other outreach programs.
Got a question about events? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In partnership with:
Tags! Find More Events, Videos and Posts About: