Date: Feb 9, 2017
Awards season is right around the corner…
Every year, we partner with the Writers Guild of America, West and Variety to gather the year’s award-nominated screenwriters for a discussion on their memorable films and their lives in the trade in front of a sold-out crowd at the Writers Guild Theater.
- Damien Chazelle – LA LA LAND
- Eric Heisserer – ARRIVAL
- Barry Jenkins – MOONLIGHT (Screenplay by Barry Jenkins; Story by Tarell McCraney)
- Kenneth Lonergan – MANCHESTER BY THE SEA
- Jeff Nichols – LOVING
- Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick – DEADPOOL
- Allison Schroeder and Theodore Melfi – HIDDEN FIGURES
- Taylor Sheridan – HELL OR HIGH WATER
- Todd Black, producer – FENCES (Screenplay by [the late] August Wilson; Based on his Play)
Moderator: Writers Guild Award and Oscar nominee/WGAW Board Member Andrea Berloff (STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON, SLEEPLESS)
This event is presented by the Writers Guild of America, West and the Writers Guild Foundation, in partnership with Variety.
Proceeds benefit the Writers Guild Foundation Shavelson-Webb Library and Archive and other Foundation outreach programs.
Tags! Find More Events, Videos and Posts About: