APPLICATION WINDOW IS NOW CLOSED – WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS. THANK YOU!
Looking for your occupassion? Tired of raising money for causes that don’t inspire you? Love writers and writing? Want to work at the nexus of the arts and entertainment and public service? Willing to read a longish job spec and submit a resume that’ll make us want to meet you? Look no further!
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented, disciplined, emotionally intelligent person to help us raise money and market us in ways that help us raise money. This full-time position is ideal for someone with 2-3 years of experience in non-profits, politics, or fundraising.
In this role, you will assist the Executive Director with (and learn) everything related to fundraising from individuals and foundations.
This is a job for someone who wants to be part of building up an organization, will never make excuses, has a contagious sense of humor, and is willing to roll up their sleeves. You made it this far. Now decide if the daily responsibilities are ones where you have both experience and interest.
- Develop, nurture, and maintain relationships and cultivate new and existing constituents into donors
- Conduct outreach and cultivate relationships with WGA members/volunteers
- Seek out, schedule, and coordinate meetings for the ED
- Work with Communications to design, develop, execute, and monitor digital fundraising appeals, media outreach, and social media messages
- Make your colleagues laugh (seriously, we are fun and we want someone who is also fun; this is a non-profit, so we aren’t paid enough to be serious all the time)
- Create and manage donor database. Accurately enter and track all contacts with donors in our CRM system
- Assist with ongoing programs, events, and marketing where donors and potential donors are present (i.e., all of our events)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Disciplined, painstaking, precise, sharp, detailed, self-aware
- Spidey sense
- Comfortable multi-tasking without getting all frazzled
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to manage by influence
- Infectious laugh and sense of humor
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituencies, including WGF and WGA staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently
ASSUMED BASIC SKILLS:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Social media savvy (please know what a hashtag, IG story, and engagement mean)
- Able to charm and befriend on the phone and in person
- Understand and appreciate the art and business of television and film
- Willing and able to learn and be coached
- Smart, witty, considerate
- Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound
- Like people. We mean really, really like people and enjoy meeting new people. You’re the person that makes friends while in line at the dry cleaners (not that you’ll have to pick up anyone’s dry cleaning… unless they want to donate a million bucks)
- Demonstrated ability to develop a plan of action, achieve buy-in, and execute to the plan successfully
- Getting stuff DONE
- Not raised by wolves, willing to pitch in even if it isn’t your job
- Able to think on your feet and manage through situations without ruffling feathers
THE BUREAUCRATIC BIT (a.k.a., the Blah Blah Blah):
Interviewees will be chosen very selectively. Please be sure you meet the qualifications before you apply. A persuasive cover letter or note describing your understanding of our organization and why you are a good fit will get our attention. Getting your shining personality across will increase your odds. Thinking of a skill you have, that you know we need, but that we didn’t list above will get you serious bonus points. Referring to something specific from our website or this notice in your subject line will prove you read and understood this job posting; not doing so will prove that you just applied randomly to jobs by clicking on a job website. Submitting your cover and resume in one convenient, combined, printable document (PDF or Word) makes our lives easier and increases your chances of having both read. In short, your email/cover matters. A LOT.
While our salaries are very non-profity, our benefits are outstanding and include health insurance, paid time off, sick leave, a pension program, access to special screenings, and super way cool co-workers. Plus, our offices are in a great part of town, across the street from the Farmers Market at 3rd and Fairfax.
We are an equal opportunity employer. You must be eligible to work legally in the United States without employer sponsorship. You must have a valid California driver license. A job offer is contingent: Hire is subject to the results of a background check.
SUBMIT BY EMAIL ONLY. NO CALLS. DO NOT EMAIL STAFF OR THE ED DIRECTLY (doing so is disqualifying). We’re expecting a large volume of applications, so please be patient, and give us at least three weeks.
Email your cover letter and resume by December 15 to: firstname.lastname@example.org